[SA-exim] SApermrejectsave to a variable directory?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sat Feb 12 10:44:37 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 01:25:21PM -0500, Dave Lugo wrote:
> Is there any way to have SApermrejectsave use the rcpt_to as
> part of the directory path?  I have a number or users for which
> I provide a virus/spam filtered email address that forwards to
> their real address.

Without playing tricks with sym or hard links, not easily. You see, the
problem is that you can have multiple rcpt-to's in one mail, so it
would have to be in multiple places.

> Rather than bitbucket items that are being rejected, I'd like
> to let those users see what's been rejected, so they can whitelist
> if need be.
>
> I've tried this:
>
> SApermrejectsave: /var/exim/spool/SApermreject/$local_part@$domain
> ...but it doesn't work, since I see this:

Right, it's not parsed like an exim condition, just a C string.

Anyway, the idea behind saving rejected spam was twofold:
1) debugging rules and scores for you and me
2) allowing users to read their rejected mail via mutt or some maildir
   capable imap server

For #2, I would recommend the following approach:
Exim puts this header in the mail

You could run an hourly cron job that goes through the spool of rejected
messages, and moves/hard links them to other directories where your users
can only get to the ones that were sent to them.

If you write such a script please contribute it back so that I can include
it in the main distro

Thanks