[SA-exim] exim not acting on SpamAssassin config

Magnus Holmgren holmgren at lysator.liu.se
Tue Dec 19 01:03:12 PST 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 03:17, Paul wrote:
> I have having problems with sa-exim running on debian. When email is
> scanned by sa-exim the settings in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf do not
> have any affect on sa-exim. If a file is scanned by spamc manually
> the setting are used.
>
> For example, this line in : etc/spamassassin/local.cf
> version_tag spike1
>
> Here are some of the headers from an email scanned by sa-exim:
> Subject: sa-config
>
> sa-exim seems to completely ignore my settings. What have I done wrong?

The header fields with names beginning with X-SA-Exim- are added by SA-Exim
before passing the mail to spamc. They have nothing to do with local.cf. When
the processed mail comes back, SA-Exim unfortunately can't just replace the
entire mail header with a single function call. Instead it checks for
X-Spam-* fields and adds those, as well as changing the Subject if it has
been rewritten.

The only header field that should be affected by "version_tag spike1" is
X-Spam-Version. Have you checked that?

Magnus Holmgren        holmgren at lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)