[SA-exim] external spamassassin

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Jul 18 07:47:29 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 03:21:27PM +0200, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 11:05:57AM +0200, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
>
> >>module loaded), but I guess this won't work in combination with
> >>greylisting, as I would net the same /var/spool/sa-exim directory as
> >>the receiving mailserver (running exim4 with sa-exim) runs. Any hints
> >>on that? Should I share that directory via NFS or something?
> >
> >Yeah, this is not a supported configuration. You could NFS export
> >it if you wanted
>
> Hmmm? Is this actually the case?
>
> * The sa-exim plugin for SA writes tuplets to the SA machine filesystem.
> The ISWHITE rule is also run on the SA machine.
>
> * Greylisting happens inside sa-exim based on the results returned through
> the spamc interface to SA. No need to see /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets/
>
> SApermreject and SAtempreject are kept on the exim machine as normal.
>
> So I think in fact this configuration does work and is what I actually
> have running...

Argh. You are absolutely correct, and I should wait until I've actually
woken up before starting to answer Email.
For a while, I was thinking about having sa-exim look at tuplets on the
filesystem, but I never did that and indeed put everything in the perl SA
plugin itself

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/