[SA-exim] SAEximRunCond question

Bob Amen amen at oreilly.com
Mon May 15 15:36:07 PDT 2006

Dermot Paikkos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Exim 4.5 on Debian (exim4-daemon-light | exim4-daemon-heavy)
>
> I am trying to exclude mail that originates from our domain from
> being scanned but can't seem to find the right notation.
>
> I am not sure if I should be modifying the SAEximRunCond to do this
> but my experiments make me think this is the way forward.

    No need to do that. Just set a header, thus:

  warn     message       = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
               hosts            = +relay_from_hosts

where relay_from_hosts is a host lookup such as:

hostlist relay_from_hosts = +localadds : /etc/exim/acls/relayfromhosts

By setting the X-SA-Do-Not-Run header, the default SA-Exim configuration
file will bypass SA for those hosts that match the host lookup.

> If I modify the rule so that it has a test for my specific IP address
> my emails are not scanned but I can't seem to find a way to exclude
> the whole subnet (short of entering every address).

    In the relayfromhosts file you can specify CIDR address lists if you
use iplsearch to do the search.

HTH,
Bob

--