[SA-exim] SAEximRunCond question

Dermot Paikkos dermot at sciencephoto.com
Tue May 16 02:35:30 PDT 2006

On 15 May 2006 at 15:36, Bob Amen wrote:

Thanx Bob,

>     No need to do that. Just set a header, thus:
>
>   warn     message       = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
>                hosts            = +relay_from_hosts
>
> where relay_from_hosts is a host lookup such as:

> hostlist relay_from_hosts = +localadds : /etc/exim/acls/relayfromhosts

> By setting the X-SA-Do-Not-Run header, the default SA-Exim
> configuration file will bypass SA for those hosts that match the host
> lookup.

I see. That header is missing from all my local mail. What acl should
I put that in? Somewhere before acl_check_data?

I am using a spilt config and I was under the impression that I
shouldn't edit any of the files in conf.d/acl but to customise my
installation by putting all my local setting in a separate file (EG:
conf.d/main/00_myserver_conf) so presumably I'd need something
similar on ~/conf.d/acl.

I have found another method to skip scanning local mail by modifying
the SAEximRunCond rule to read:

SAEximRunCond: ${if and {{def:sender_host_address} {!eq
{${mask:$sender_host_address/25}}{194.???.???.???/25}} {!eq {$h_X-SA-
Do-Not-Run:}{Y

${mask:$sender_host_address/25} should resolve to our subnet and at
the moment I don't need the $h_X-SA header part.

I am using this method at the moment but I would prefer to use the
acl were I add the X-SA header. I think that the way it was intended
to work and it might allow for a bit more flexibility. I am also
getting

What acl do I use to add the X-SA-Do-Not-Run header?
TIA.
Dp.