[SA-exim] Greylisting problem

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Nov 30 08:32:59 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 03:43:01PM +0000, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean: are you saying that greylisting is never able to
> > write tuplets, and therefore mails always get temprejected?
> > If so, check your permissions on disk, and your exim/spamassassin logs to
> > see why spamassassin doesn't have perms to write in
> > /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets/
> >
> > Marc
>
> (Try again :)

(actually we got 3 copies :)

> Hi Marc,
>
> Not quite, it is writing tuplets for whitelisted items (mail with a
> score <3.5), but it isn't greylisting anything, just constantly temp
> rejecting if >3.5 && <12 with nothing new in the tuplets.
> It definitely isn't a permissions problem with /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets/

Ah, I see.

Mmmh, beats me.
I would say turn on debugging for spamassassin, something like
spamassassin -t -D < /tmp/greylistmail
and look at the output.
If necessary, add prints in the perl module so that it gives you a clue why
it's not writing to disk when it enters the greylist code

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/