[SA-exim] Greylisting problem

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Nov 30 12:21:40 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 08:02:54PM +0000, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
> After reading through the SA module code I figured out where I was going
> wrong.  All spam in question had no from set, and I had the option
> greylistnullfrom set to 0.  Unfortunately this doesn't produce any warn
> or anything, it just exits gracefully, which made it very hard to debug.

Oh, I see.

> So as a feature request, could this output a message to state that there
> is no from set and greylistnullfrom is 0?

The small problem here is that spamassassin doesn't have a way to write in
the exim logs or to talk to SA-Exim.
However, it wouldn't be too hard to have the SA module put out some mail
header saying X-Greylisted: No, null from and greylistnullfrom is 0
or some such.
That said, people aren't very likely to notice that either, so I'm not sure
what makes more sense between better documentation, or that.

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/