[SA-exim] undefined vars in Greylisting.pm

John Bro harroun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:37:00 PST 2007

> >* Some of this may be related to the fact that I am using
*> >* fetchmail to get mail from outside servers and hand it off to my
*> >* exim4.. but I don't understand *how* it's related (or what I'm
*
> Ahaha, now you fess up :)

 um.. yup.. mea culpa ;-}

> SA-Exim is mostly useless if you use fetchmail.
> Greylisting cannot work if you already accepted the Email.
> SMTP time filtering is irrelevant if you're feeding the mail from fetchmail.

OK. I can understand that once the mail is received somewhere,
you can't treat it the same as if you were receiving it
directly from the sender.. I'm doing about 1/2 and 1/2 right now..
My own domain/server is new, so I'm still getting stuff at old addresses..
and most of the spam is going to the old addys..

But I still don't understand what is causing perl to do so much whining..
I'm no guru, but I do use perl quite a bit, and I'm having a helluva time
understanding what's going on here..

> If you don't have access to your outside MX to run SA-Exim there, you should
> drop SA-Exim and just use spamassassin.
> Sorry, SA-Exim cannot do much of anything useful in your situation.

Too bad.. cuz apart from these perl complaints, it *feels* like sa-exim
is doing what I want -- the spam is gone and the good mail is getting in!

But, ok, I'll remove sa-exim from my config, and see if I can just
get SA working alone.. Thanks for the help.

cheers,

John