[SA-exim] undefined vars in Greylisting.pm

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Feb 7 10:46:31 PST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 07:37:00PM +0100, John Bro wrote:
> But I still don't understand what is causing perl to do so much whining..
> I'm no guru, but I do use perl quite a bit, and I'm having a helluva time
> understanding what's going on here..

I think fetchmail is feeding random crap to exim, which in turn gets passed
on to SA-Exim.
Quite frankly, I didn't quite code for receiving an Email address in an IP
field :)

> Too bad.. cuz apart from these perl complaints, it *feels* like sa-exim
> is doing what I want -- the spam is gone and the good mail is getting in!

You could do that with just Spamassassin and a filter to /dev/null

Also, SA-Exim is going to generate bounces that you don't want: you are joe
jobbing inoccent people who never sent you spam but got faked as the sender.

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/