[Empeg-general] Re: Help with Navigating Playlists

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 08:15:00 GMT

> Obviously, the Empeg is showing playlists in alphabetical order. I tried to sort the Emplode list so they would appear in a pseudo last name alphabetical order. This appears to not carry across to the unit. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you're doing nothing wrong. The menu on the empeg is purely alphabetical and does not take into account the order you've set in Emplode. The order in Emplode is followed when you're playing stuff, but when you see them listed in the menu, they are alphabetical. This was obviously a design decision.

I'm not sure if it was the right design decision or not... I've certainly gotten used to pressing "P" on the remote to jump to "Paula Cole" instead of "C", and ordering the menus non-alphabetically could break this. So I think I like it the way it is. Have you tried using the letter keys on the remote to jump to the desired playlist?

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_