[Empeg-general] Re: BAEUG (Bay Area Empeg Users Group) Mailing List

David T-G davidtg@bigfoot.com
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 07:41:34 -0400

--lMM8JwqTlfDpEaS6

Tony, et al --

=2E..and then Tony Fabris said...
%=20
% I'm not sure which server generated the error (mine or megacity's), but t=
he error (which I don't fully understand) is that one of the servers (mine,=
 I think), has been identified by a piece of anti-spam security software ca=
lled <A HREF=3D"http://www.orbs.org" target=3D"_new">Orbs</A> (which I thin=
k is running on megacity's majordomo machine) as having something called an=
 "open relay", and therefore "does not like recipient". More info is availa=
ble at the orbs site listed above.

In case you haven't heard of ORBS before, they're a good thing.  It's a
bad thing to have an open mail relay, since spammers use those to blast
out their mail.

You could always go to someplace like bigfoot.com or poboxes.com or
mail.com and get an address (which you will tell to point to your jps.net
address, or wherever) and subscribe with *that*...

%=20
% So as much as I want to, I can't join this mailing list.

There's always a workaround ;-)

:-D
--=20
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) davidtg@bigfoot.com      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
(work) davidtgwork@bigfoot.com
http://www.bigfoot.com/~davidtg/        Shpx gur Pbzzhavpngvbaf Qrprapl Npg!
The "new millennium" starts at the beginning of 2001.  There was no year 0.
Note: If bigfoot.com gives you fits, try sector13.org in its place. *sigh*

--lMM8JwqTlfDpEaS6

--lMM8JwqTlfDpEaS6--