[Empeg-general] Re: Pricing of the empeg

morrisdl@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org morrisdl@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:08:00 GMT

Apparently nobody wants to touch this one.   Its such an evil subject.  From an outsiders (empeg owner, not employee) perspective: I don’t see how they could say the price is going down in the future right here, right now.  It has not been out that long, demand seems to exceed production regularly, it would discourage potential buyers, and it would only piss off those who recently purchased.

I bet they hold the price points, but increase drive capacities and functionality (which existing owners get to share in).  The only thing I see that could bring the price down is competition - and I certainly have not seen anything even close to that.

IMHO - I think its is priced right.  Sure it stings a little, but if a Porsche cost the same VW (and as common) do you think they would still be as cool. This may sound a little vein - but I like having an unique car stereo.

SO, with that said  - I bet the price goes up before it comes down.  Maybe it just wishful thinking, as I just paid the creditcard bill....

-Doug
(Mk2-12G-Blue)