[Empeg-general] Poor Tuner Reception

philp69@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org philp69 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:07:00 GMT

OK - so I finally broke down and removed all vestiges of my Pioneer DEX-P1R head unit from my 2002 Explorer and installed the tuner module I bought last fall.  Unfortunately, the reception is terrible.  Stations that came in perfect on the Pioneer now fade in and out.  I can only find a couple of stations that are clear most of the time.

I checked the FAQ and don't see any potential explanations.  I am not using the extension cable and to the best of my knowledge, the Explorers do not use an amplified antenna (the Pioneer worked fine)

Has anyone else had reception problems with their tuners?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Phil