ExtractStream Issue HELP!

billyb111b@y... billyb111b at y...
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 06:24:35 -0000

Joe,

I had a similar problem about 2 months back (your pics look EXACTLY
like my problem) and it had nothing to do with extractstream or
splitstream.

Did you happen to change your quality setting when you upgrading the
hard drive?

The reason I ask is that ES (on my TiVoMadded and added drive)
ALWAYS screws up the very beginning of my streams, usually some
bogus video frames from some long lost show. Problem is the first
frames set the size for the entire stream. So if the first 5 frames
are bogus and at medium quality (352x480) Any player/editor will
assume the whole stream is at 352x480, when the rest of the stream
might be high q (480x480). So the "I" frames get cropped at the
initial size, you lose the right 128 pixels, and the codec cannot
resolve the P and B frame data that depends on the lost info, so it
inserts big green blocks...

What works for me is always skipping the first 1 or 2 chunks, then
the stream is locked in at the correct res. Give it a try.

Bill

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Joe Fleck <tornado@m...> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Well I had a great process all set up about 3 weeks ago. Was
pulling files
> off the Tivo in grand fashion. I have ExtractStream v0.3 and
SplitStream
> 0.5.
>
> The weird thing is that my old files on my tivo (dated before
10/29) work
> just great. The new files come out, but the come out with half of
the image
> chopped off and lots of green artifacts all over the images. Then
I also
> lose a random amount to errors (like 20%-50% to errors).
>
> I put up some sample pictures of my problems at:
>
> http://thelatebar.com/cutoff.jpg
> http://thelatebar.com/artifact1.jpg
>

> This is a sample of the errors I get from the SplitStream command:
> Warning: found even earlier Video frame, add 384168.655556 to min
audio
> delay chunk 4034
> Warning: found even earlier Audio frame, add -383724.266667 to min
audio
> delay chunk 4034
> Warning: found even earlier Audio frame, add -383688.266667 to min
audio
> delay chunk 4034
>
> These go on and on throughout the whole split.
>
> After thinking long and hard on this I had an "a-HA" moment
tonight when I
> thought that maybe the tivo was doing VBR on the recent stuff.
Bzzzt. It