[ExtractStream] RCA inputs on tivo

sharkey@a... sharkey at a...
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:58:18 -0400

> Has anyone attempted to play around with the RCA inputs on the back
> of the tivo vs. internal configuration?

Internal configuration?

You need to supply the tivo with some sort of video feed. It shouldn't
care where it's coming from.

> It would seem to be possible
> to hook up your VCR or DVD player to the inputs instead of a cablebox/
> directv or whatever it was meant for, to capture video from a different
> source.

This should work provided that there's no Macrovision encoding on the
tape. If there is Macrovision signal scrambling, all bets are off. It
might work, but I've never tried it, and I would tend to think that it
wouldn't. (Unless you have the hardware to repair the Macrovision signal
damage, that is.)

Eric