samba and httpd.tcl

dpgerdes@r... dpgerdes at r...
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:54:59 -0000

This sounds like a problem I ran into where the NowShowing
listing terminates prematurely. The problem seems be caused by
an assumption in the code that the Object Ids (or whatever they are)
are #####/11 where ##### is the value returned by ForeachMfsFile.
In my case, most fit that pattern, but one was #####/34
that was a 'partially' recorded show which might be where the 34 came
from, I dunno.

Anyway I have just started learning the Tivo DB and am slowly working
on a work around for that and other problems.

Another problem I found is that several of my NowShowing listings
have empty TyStreams entries.

But ExtractStream rocks, Thanks Nick Hull. I was able to extract
and mplex on Tivo, reroute to Linux and play using dvdview.

Extra information which might be relevent to the above problems
is that my Tivo unit just became Disabled last night at midnight
for failure to cough up extra money for the extended service.

I am now more motivated to learn how to revitalize my $175
paperweight.

Today the abstainers, tomorrow the TivoNets, and then they
will come after the BlessTivo hackers. Hacking is simply
preventative maintenance.