that green bar

willieb9000@y... willieb9000 at y...
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 01:53:06 -0000

OK, sorry it took me so long to get around to this -- It has been a
busy week.

TMPGenc -- I am using Beta 12j --- I'd reccommend getting an
earlier version though (maybe i) because I hear that the Mpeg2
encoder lasts longer than 30 days. I think this will work in almost
all new versions though.

First, you are going to have to use the actual encoder (i.e. not
MPEG tools but the screen that it is on when you first open it up). I
am assuming you know how to use DVD2AVI to frameserve TMPGenc.

Once you select your audio and video sources, load a profile. THere
are some that come with TMPGenc. You can find others on various BBs.
What you want to do is load the profile and then click on Setting. Go
to the Advanced Tab. Near the botton you will see a check box that
says Clip Frame. Select it and then double click it. A window will
open for clipping options. Now you have to make a decision. If you
want to cut off the green bar and the noise that is at the top, just
click the up buttons beside the Left and Top fields. Usually about 13
will do it for the Left (green bar) and 2 will do it for the top.

Now if you do it that way, it will resize the picture to take up
the full screen. Resizing stretches the picture some, though and some
people don't like that. Your other option is to clcik the mask
buttons over on the right. If you clcik mask, it will just cover the
green with black. You really do not notice it on the TV, but if you
aare watching on a computer, you might.

Thats all I can think of for now -- let me know if you need any more
detail. Note: all of those menus in the advanced tab can be double
clicked and edited.
Oh, here is a webpage that gives a little How-to on Making SVCDs
from Tivo recordings:
http://www.digitalregime.com/tivo2svcd/

One more thing -- TMPGenc alwasys gives me audio sync problems.
Hopefully Dale Reed will be able to fix this with his Win32
mplex/ConvertStream. I am really looking forward to that becasue
netmplex for Windows doesn't work for me -- drops a TON of frames.
Let me know if you find a solution to this. Good luck

Willieb

willieb