Trouble with Extractstream? Try splitstream

joe666boxer@y... joe666boxer at y...
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 02:59:40 -0000

I'd love to get some feedback regarding the splitstream tool. I've
tested it on about 8 very problematic streams and it seems to work
well. I have great audio sync and no more corrupted video.

If anyone has had problems with extractstream, please give this a try
and let me know (via the forum).

Usage is very similar to convertstream. It can even read standard in,
so you can feed the output of netcat directly to it. This reduces the
cpu burden on the tivo and the hard drive space burden on the pc side.

nc -l -p 1235 | splitstream - test.m2a test.m2v +

I personally prefer split audio/video because I archive to divx (not
svcd) and the processing is simpler with split streams.

Thanks
Joe

P.S. This would not have been possible with Charlie's excellent
display stream program and of course, the original extractstream