Encoding question

Kara Thomas kthomas at p...
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:32:23 -0500

I am trying to convert the extracted mpegs into .avi files.

I can run the video and audio OK through tmpegenc. This is listed as being
352x240 which seems about right. Playing the resulting output on windows
media player results in a picture 640x480. I use the .vcf file available
from the extractstream CVS

I have tried converting these to .avi files using both mpeg2avi and dvd2avi
however, both of these think the picture is 352x480 (twice as high as it
should be) and encode it that way.

So my question is, what am I missing? dvd2avi has a clip/resize menu but it
only allows me to adjust the clip, not the actual size. Mpeg2avi has no
options at all. As far as I can see, everything is set up OK in tmpegenc so
I can't see what is causing this.

Thanks for any help

Rich