newbie

Ken Hancock hancockks at y...
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:05:04 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Daniel Goolsby" <danielgoolsby@h...>
wrote:
>I am having a problem with playing the video file. is there
> some kind of utility or plugin (for windows) that i need to play
this file?
> i was also using mplex on a linux box to combine the files, but are
still
> unable to play that file. does anyone use their tivo in this way?
>
> i wanted to save the last voyager episode, and the Enterprise
series.

My experience is using netmplex (Mac version) to mutiplex the TiVo
streams and then play the resulting streams in either WinDVD or
Elecard MPEG-2 player. The later also includes the decoding codec,
so you can use Windows Media Player for playback as well.

Audio and video play perfectly with this setup, however I've had no
luck thus far reencoding for export to SVCD without losing
audio/video sync.