SplitStream 0.3 and other utils

cerevant@y... cerevant at y...
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:17:41 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Roger Merchberger <zmerch7@y...> wrote:
> This looks *cool* - but I don't think TMPGenc can offset video -- if
> it can, I dunno how. I'm just a beginner at this video thing...

Setting/Advanced/Source Range/Audio Gap Correct

> I have, however, gotten a "decent" looking SVCD from TMPGenc &
> Nero -

I've just about given up on SVCD - if there is any action at all the
picture goes to hell. I've only gotten reasonable results using 2-
pass VBR, and that takes at least twice as long as single pass
(duh). VCD is a bit soft, but it is quick and better than anything I
have on VHS...and it doesn't confuse my DVD player :)

For burning VCDs & SVCDs, check out the VCDImager GUI:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/vcdimagereasy.htm

It has some strange quirks, but I'm very happy with the performance.
It has some nice features: it will let you put chapters in a
continuous video, for example.

Jeff