Splitstream Survey

cerevant@y... cerevant at y...
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:38:19 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., joe666boxer@y... wrote:
> Isolate the start of a bad section of a stream. Rerun splitstream on
> that section and see if it's the same show. If it's not, it's
> extractstream's fault (and we should really concentrate on fixing
> that; see Dale's proposal).

However, splitstream should be able to catch this with sequence
mismatches, no? My guess is that these other shows are leftover
chunks from previous recordings (don't forget that TiVo is changing
channels when you aren't aware of it) - shouldn't they have
significantly different sequence (counting large sequence) numbers?

> One thing that seems to cause serious trouble is MFSTools, so please
> add that to the list of things software used or not.

For the record, my box is upgraded but has not been TiVo-mad'd or MFS
Tool'd. It is running 2.0.1. I haven't been able to get reasonably
consistent extractions from any of the tools, but I don't have any
problems with the TiVo itself.

Jeff