[ExtractStream] Sequence number bogus errors (FAQ?)

Barcinski, Andy andy at a...
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:20:38 -0500

> ExtractStream
> does not provide a reliable connection so the error will be
> cumulative and
> the recording will turn from synced in the beginning into the
> mess at the
> end of the show.

I think they are getting lost before they leave the TiVo. I use nfs for
very mission critical things everyday, and I find it hard to believe that
network-related problems are causing the loss of sync; I've yet to lose any
data via nfs.

>Even if the data is corrupt for some reason, I would just duplicate
>the previous frames video frame, create dead audio frames, and keep
>things synced up.
>
>Am I way off here?
>
>--David

Not at all. You would think this would be how it works. Of course, if you
play the same recording back on your TiVo, it plays fine. This leads me to
believe that there is something wrong between the time we extract the stuff
and the time we mux it. This means one of 2 things: problem in the network
layer, or problem in the means it pulls the video off. I'm leaning towards
the second as more probible.

>just a FYI, there is a very simple fix for the audio sync issue. If
>anyone wants it let me know.>

>MP

Still waiting for Michael Pauley's thoughts on this.