Audio Sync

Drew Harrington drewmharrington at y...
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:03:59 -0700 (PDT)

> NFS does use UDP which isn't a reliable transport
NFS uses UDP so that it can implement it's own retry
mechanisms - which are designed for file service,
as opposed to the general purpose retry mechanism
used by TCP.

> Ultimately, I think the Tivo deals with these errors
> just by just ignoring the bad data and moving on.
There is no way 10's of milliseconds, much less 100's
of milliseconds of audio are getting dropped without
being noticed. Trust me, when the TiVo plays it back,
it's all there.