Where to get Convertstream for windows

willieb9000@y... willieb9000 at y...
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:17:08 -0000

Thanks for the quick reply andy -- I am looking at virtualdub now --
Used it a while back, but had to get the newest version. I'll let you
know how my progress is going -- I am just glad someone is alive on
these forums. ANy idea on convertstream for windows? Using
extractstream really doesnt give good results --- while we are on
that topic, am I right that extract stream does not just send the
files over on ethernet, but rather sorta "plays" them over, so that
if your connection is slower for some reason you are gonna get a
crappy version on the PC end?

WB

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Barcinski, Andy" <andy@a...> wrote:
> TMPGEnc has very little options for filtering. I would suggest you
take a
> look at virtualdub or nandub and use those. I can give you my
filterchain
> if you are interested. Things look 1000% better. Here's a link to
a good
> thread that shows the possibilities. I'd encourage all of you to
take a
> look, if you are disappointed with static, etc, in your tivo
captures. Make
> sure to take a look at the examples on subsequent paegs of this
posting
> for.
>
> <http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?
a=tpc&s=50009562&f=67909965&m