Help with creating VCD's with TMPGEnc...???

bluesteel@y... bluesteel at y...
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:56:26 -0000

All,

I'd love some pointers if someonce can give me any. I'm
having a tough time with loosing my audio when trying to
build VCD compatible mpegs with TMPGEnc.

I've been using ExtractStream and I can now extract shows
off of my TiVo into their corresponding show.m2v & show.mp2
video and audio files.

Using TMPGEnc->mpegtools I can multplex these two files into
a single mpeg file which I can play with WindowsMedia
player. Everything seems reasonable too this point.

However - when I try to TMPGEnc to 'process' this mpeg file
(into a VideoCD(NTSC) (or any other settings including
TivoVCD.mcf) I get a mpeg file which has no audio track.
I've tried this every way I can think of, but the audio
track always falls away.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else seen this problem.
A recipe of someone elses success story would be great!

Thanx,
_Mike_