[ExtractStream] UK 2.5.5 upgrade (Updated Info)

Edmond E. Shwayri eshwayri at n...
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 23:48:13 -0500

Actually that should make no difference at all. ExtractStream is simply
trying to copy a file from the TiVo's MFS partition to somewhere else. It
does not care (nor should it) what is in this file. It is simply trying to
find this file on the TiVos MFS partitions. The errors you are seeing are
most probably caused by ExtractStream not finding the correct location of
the sectors on the hard drive and thereby creating a
corrupted file. ExtractStream does NOT work on all TiVos. Its
calculation algorithm is known to fail on DirecTivos and on newer Sony
SVR2000s (like mine). There is a program called mfs_copy (I can't remember
the exact name) on Tridge's site that seems to be the authority on how to
do it right.