[ExtractStream] No luck in the UK for 2.5.5

Edmond E. Shwayri eshwayri at n...
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:40:52 -0500

There are 2 different issues here :
[1] Extraction
[2] Conversion
For extraction the format of the file is irrelevant. If you want to do
extraction check out the vplay source files (mfs_export) especially. It
involves figuring out wheat the FSID sequence is and on what
drive/partition you will find the next block. MPEG has nothing to do with
this. Extraction is the process by which you locate and copy a file stored
in the MFS database structure to a more common file system. It does not
involve dissecting the file, but rather simply insuring you get all the
parts of it,

If you are interested in 2, then yes you do need to understand the TY
stream construction and the MPEG standard. I have done 2 big posts on what
I know about them (or guess at least) on this list. Search the archive
going back 1 - 2 months and you will find them. The PES are not completely
MPEG standard (read my posts).