tivoapp 2.x and TiVo 2.5.5

kill1967 johngibb at c...
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:38:18 -0000

I've been hunting for a way to extract streams, either converted to
MPEG or as raw streams to later convert. I've tried numerous ways of
doing this but all seem to be corrupted and cause application
crashes.

1. tivoapp - as reported by someone else on this list, the
application works to extract ty streams, but either (a) crashes
while extracting MPEG or (b) extracts 85% of the stream to MPEG and
then crashes out (different % for different programs/programmes*
delete depending on which side of the pond you live on). It's just
the usual invalid page fault that pops up another box regarding an
error caused by MFC42.DLL, which I've changed to be an older version
(now running under Windows Millennium after upgrading from Win98SE
and it's still the same error)

2. sendstream - Tried Zmerch's extraction using sendstream last
night and zss produces a bad ty log file equivalent to the size of
the original ty.

3. Tyconvert - Crashes whenever you try to run it on a tivoapp
stream (using ExtractStream) or a sendstream from Zmerch's technique.

4. Tyc - Under LINUX tyc also fails to do a proper conversion.

It seems to me that there's a difference in the streams from my UK
Thomson PAL TiVo and that of the US NTSC TiVo.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated, as my list of
Quantum Leap episodes to be archived are starting to fill up my
machine

Cheers.

John.