[ExtractStream] tivoapp 2.x and TiVo 2.5.5

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- kill1967 <johngibb@c...> wrote:
> I've been hunting for a way to extract streams, either converted to
>
> MPEG or as raw streams to later convert. I've tried numerous ways
> of
> doing this but all seem to be corrupted and cause application
> crashes.
[snip]
> 2. sendstream - Tried Zmerch's extraction using sendstream last
> night and zss produces a bad ty log file equivalent to the size of
> the original ty.

Here's a crazy question, but did you try to zss the bad.ty file?
Sometimes if the tystream's headers go a little wonky, the entire
file might be sent to the bad.ty file... sometimes re-splitting that
file will generate a good stream.

Another thing to try would be dropping the first 2-3 chunks from the
stream - splitstream can't do it, but you can do it with a recent
(0.54 or higher) version of zss, using the -d### option, with the ###
is the number of chunks to drop before beginning the splitting
process.

Otherwise, I'll prolly have time to snag your stream in a day or two,
and run my latest zss on it myself, to see if there's something I
might do to get it to work...

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger