I have a 100% working split program for both SA and DTivo...

jewser joshua at b...
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:37:57 -0000

> I've got a question for you. What method do you currently use to
> get your streams into mpg format?

I use my own client and server setup to grab the raw TyStream right
now. It will batch up as many TyStreams as you want grab them down.
Most I have ever done in one pass was everything on my Tivo... 14
total streams I think and with the TivoNet it took... 26 hours I
think. Then I use my VSplit11a tool from the command line, I will
integrate as soon as dev on VSplit reaches its conclusion, then I
convert the .m2a file into a wav using WinAmp, and lastly I load both
into VirtualDub, cut the commercials and encode into DivX with MP3
audio.

Right up to the point of compression into MP3 the audio is always
100% on sync. The MP3 compressor, as noted all over the place, lets
things slide a bit. So finally I use avifrate.exe (Don't remember
where I got it... Doom9 I think...) to alter the frame rate to 29.972
(i.e. just added the 2 to end of the standard) and I get perfectly
sync'ed 42 minutes episode AVIs everytime.

Once I get there my client will do the extraction on the fly so no
need for large temp files like right now, and will do as an option
the MPeg LayerII audio to PCM wav convertion as well. I already have
the code to do I just haven't gotten there yet. Like I said to many
irons in the fire.

I convert upwards of 20 episodes a week, on a good week with no
reruns, and things work great for me. But I need testers as most of
my shows come from 4 channels and always at the same recording
settings and levels.

--jdiner