[ExtractStream] Re: Proliferation of too many different apps...

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:14:13 -0700 (PDT)

--- jewser <joshua@b...> wrote:
> Well mine is already on it's way to being a library for my own
> client
> app. So no problem there. I like the idea of a nice looking
> front-end
> app for each different architecture with pluggable work
> libraries...
> Would make it easy to upgrade and let those that are good at front-
> ends do that while other do the backend work. Humm....

As it sounds like you're code is pretty "clean" it might be easy to
have fairly compatible libraries across platforms, like Linux, Win32
(and Linux-like Win32 thru Cygwin), and maybe even Mac under OS X...
who knows??? That could bring cross-compatibility to a lot of tools
as well.

Just ramblings as I set up a couple new Stargates to transcode... :-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger