[ExtractStream] Corrupt Data on Tivo?

Mark Jeffcoat jeffcoat at a...
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:00:48 -0500

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 05:06:35PM -0700, Joe Fleck wrote:
> Since my question below didn't elict much response other than a "I have that
> problem too" from someone, maybe I could rephrase it. How many people here
> have upgraded to a second drive and are NOT having any problems. I have to
> believe that the root of my problem came from adding the second drive to the
> Tivo, and that the problem comes from that somehow. How likely would it be
> for me to yank the 30GB, reformat the 80 and put on the 2.51 backup on the
> 80 and see an improvement/fix for what ails me? Maybe an informal poll - of
> what type of tivo + what drive(s) you have + problems or lack of them -
> would be a good idea..

I've no problems with my second drive. The only consistent
pattern of failure I've noticed from posts to this list
is this: Anyone who uses anything besides Tridge's
mfs_export to extract streams off the Tivo will have problems.
Conversely, anyone who's having a problem is not using
mfs_export.

There's a suggestion implied by this rule. Search the
list archive to find out where to get it.

--
Mark Jeffcoat