TyConvert hates my +2G files and neat thing in DVD2AVI

Grant Stockly grant at s...
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:07:43 -0900

>ty stream -> mpeg w/ tyconvert

For some reason when i try to split a 2.6GB ty stream file tyconvert will
GPF with itself at about 12minutes (realtime playback time) which is ~one
FSID chunk worth of video.
Should I try to get <2GB files, or wait for win2k?

I want to split the files in as big of chunks as possible since at a chunk
transition fast moving objects loose sync for a fraction of a second. If
you name 6 m2v and m2a files with the same suffix (ie. file1.m2v file2.m2v
file 3.m2v) DVD2AVI will treat them as one large m2v file. Sync is lost at
each transition. : (

Is there an issue with tyconvert and 2.6GB files? Or is it my messed up
WinME (I wish I had a decent box to run NetBSD on...)? I plan to get win
2k installed tomorow to fix other problems, such as turning the computer
off. : )