[ExtractStream] Newfangled TiVo's (Time to start over)?

Aaron Markham aaronmarkham at y...
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:46:42 -0800 (PST)

I think they'll come out with an ethernet port
eventually, but my bet is their new system doesn't
work properly yet and/or they're waiting to see how
badly Replay gets burned in the courts for their
next-gen machine. That way they can adjust things to
fit the legal/political environment prior to release.
Besides, by the time they release something with
Ethernet capabilities they're going to be encrypting
everything to such a point that taking streams won't
be possible without another hardware hack... unless...
well there are some ingenious people out there and I'm
sure they'll figure it out!