[ExtractStream] Newfangled TiVo's (Time to start over)?

Edmond E. Shwayri eshwayri at n...
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:13:33 -0500

The encryption makes no sense at all. Why bother. If people want to
record video to distribute on the Net there are many far easier
solutions. Matrox and ATI products come to mind. I have archived the
current season of Lexx using an old Matrox Marvel G200. It looks excellent
and is considerably easier than the
ExtractStream->FrameServe->VirtualDub->Re-Encoding. And lets face it mom
and pop are just not going to be doing stuff like that. It would be a
gross waste of money for them.