when to use the .avi?

J. Scott Dorr merlin at f...
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:25:32 -0800

Another question about procedure as listed on Merch's page. :)

I'll quote the page here for clarification:

Step 8: Once the d2v file is done, start VFAPI-Conv-en.exe and click
"Add Job" then click on the nameofshow.d2v file & click "Open",
then "OK". Click on "Convert" and the project AVI will be made. It
should only take a few seconds.

Step 8.5: Start TMPGenc, and if you're lucky enough to have a
[ dual proc tips snipped ]

Step 9: Next, let's set up some settings... Click on Video source,
and use the nameofshow.d2v file, and click on Audio source, and
use nameofshow.wav. For output file name, use nameofshow-1.mpg.
[[Really, use the -1. It'll make things much easier in the
future... you'll see why. Really.]] Click on "Setting" and these
are the settings that I use. You may wish to salt to taste.

So, where is the .avi used? Is it supposed to be used in step 9 in
place of the .d2v file (ie. Step 9 is erroneously telling us to use the
.d2v when it should be telling us to use the .avi)? Or is the .d2v file
now linked in some way to the .avi file?

Thanks!

- scott