Cannot get Tivoapp working ( not newbie :-)

riffster4 riffster4 at h...
Sat, 06 Jul 2002 18:16:26 -0000

Hi All,

I am trying to get Tivoapp to do the ShowList part of the program
selection. It is not working at all for me:

Some info:

UK Tivo 2.5.5, ( 398h worst ), turbonet, Guy doing Un*x for 16 years,
knows about chmod +x and dos2unix. TivoApp 2.2.0, tivoweb,

My problem is that when the TivoApp -> File -> connect is pressed,
nothing appears to happen, save a bash prompt appears to have been
displayed.

I am running httpd.tcl on 8080 successfully, I can web browse to
8080 and see as links:

Now Showing
mfs
TiVo Web Remote
Remount Root Filesystem

Terminate the web server

I can press "Now Showing" link and get the required results ( I
believe ! )

---

I have told the File -> TiVo Web Port of 8080
IP address is right, telnet port is right, 7100 for ExtractStream

nc and extractstream appear to work ( as binaries etc... )

I have tried running a shell script included a source of a profile
and the PATH includes everything.
I have a running tivoweb ( TiVo Web Project - TCL v1.9.4 ) setup on
port 80 ( now that is a v.v.v nice piece of work !!! ) - well done.

and the runner contains a line that sayes:

/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/ShowList.tcl 192.168.1.7 7100

Any ideas ???

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. - Marcus...