[ExtractStream] Re: TyTool #5 is out. remuxing

Scott Alfter yahoo at s...
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 13:36:34 -0700

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 07:21:33AM +0100, alun jenkins wrote:
> Anyone got any hints on remixing after tytool ? Tmpgenc doent seem to cope
> well. I get a lot of pauses (about 1 every 5 secs) If I checkout the m2v
> with power dvd that's fine. Im playing with bbmpeg now and that seems ok
> too But I miss the crop/cut features of tmpegenc any ideas ?

I usually split MPEG files with a combination of DVD2AVI, VFAPIConv, and
FreeAmp. This produces a frameserved AVI and a WAV that can be loaded into
VirtualDub for editing. You can then either write out an uncompressed or
Huffyuv-compressed AVI or frameserve from VirtualDub into TMPGEnc.
(In many cases, VirtualDub does a better job of editing than TMPGEnc. In
particular, it does a better job of inverse 3:2 pulldown than anything else
I've seen.)

For some hints on how to use all of these programs, you might want to try
out http://alfter.us/tivo2svcd.shtml, which goes through the stuff I do to
turn TiVo rips into SVCDs.

_/_
/ v \ Scott Alfter (salfter@s...)