[ExtractStream] Suggestions for Windows video editor?

Scott Alfter yahoo at s...
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:41:49 -0700

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 01:22:30PM -0700, Myles Wakeham wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a Windows based video editing program that
> I can use to remove commercials from extracted Tivo video streams (I'm using
> Tytool to get the video, and I'm not sure what my best options are to move
> this to a program for editing).

Once you have the TiVo video available as a frameserved AVI (use DVD2AVI and
VFAPIConv for the video and your favorite MP3 player for the audio), you can
use VirtualDub to save each section between ads. You can also create a
script to use with Avisynth to do automated non-linear editing (there's a
small learning curve associated with Avisynth), using VirtualDub only to
locate the cutpoints. I usually create an Avisynth script to do A/V mux and
NLE and run the output of this script through VirtualDub for inverse 3:2
pulldown and any filtering that might need to be applied. You can then
reencode the resulting video with TMPGEnc.

_/_
/ v \ Scott Alfter (salfter@s...)
(IIGS( http://salfter.dyndns.org
\_^_/ rm -rf /bin/laden