[ExtractStream] More questions....

Michael Loftis mloftis at w...
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:45:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Roger Merchberger wrote:

> Huh? Wha? Where'd you get a software raid driver for Win2K??? I've
> never heard of it! I thought it could only handle hardware raid.
> Sumthin' tells me the 460W PS in my box could power a *few* more
> drives... ;-) (My tyan board required it special-like...)

They built it into the OS...

Start->settings->CPL->Admin Tools->Configure your computer->logical
volumes.

The one trick is that you have to 'upgrade' the drives to DYNAMIC disks,
(as opposed to basic disks) after that you can RAID em, and any NTFS
partitions you create in them afterr that time can be dynamically expanded
(though not shrunk, still need like PM6.0 for that)

:)

Michael - the Unix admin...

Don't ask. It's a Hobby (windows....)