[ExtractStream] Inverse Telecine 3:2 pulldown, and 23.976fps...

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:45:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scott Alfter <yahoo@s...> wrote:
> When you encoded the video, was the encoding mode in TMPGEnc set to
> "3:2
> pulldown when playback" [sic] and the frame rate set to 23.976 fps?
> Other
> settings won't work when your source is film-rate NTSC. Video
> encoded this
> way plays just fine on my Apex AD600A, which is an older player
> than yours.

No, the playback setting was set to Non-Interlaced, as that setting
works best with my 29.97 fps video... I didn't think to change
that...

Otherwise, everything else was set just fine, and would play fine on
my computer under the Elecard decoder, so it seemed like it could be
the player...

I *am* glad that I didn't delete the .avi file from VirtualDub just
yet, as the inverse telecine straight from TMPGEnc didn't seem nearly
so clear...

Back to testing! Thanks!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger