Alright. TyTool Alpha #3 is up.

pbar_12345 pbarham at h...
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:14:09 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "jewser" <joshua@b...> wrote:
> Ok. After spending most of the night and a good section of this
> morning working and thinking I solved the socket problem on the
> TyTool client. I now get 100% successfull transfers on XP just
like I
> did on 98 to start with.

Looks like a potentially very useful app, however:

I still seem to get the exact same behaviour I got with the previous
version... i.e. after pulling the entire tystream from the TiVo I
still have zero length .m2a and .m2v files and and a large .txt file
full of the following messages:

checkNumRecs: Number of Records: 60 (3c 0 ff ff)
checkNumRecs: The size is wrong at 31581124 bytes...
Startup: Found a bad chunk in the first Analysis-10. Skipping until
there are 10 good ones.

Perhaps this is due to it being a UK tivo? (most of the extraction,
except tools TyConvertStream seem to screw up with UK tystreams)

Paul