[ExtractStream] working w/ Philips Dtivo?

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:42:24 -0800 (PST)

--- Marco Nicolayevsky <marco@a...> wrote:
> I have the Philips DirecTivo 2.5.
>
> For some reason, I cannot get any version of ExtractStream to work
> (even just for video). I keep getting errors.

Marco,

I don't want to sound like an old fuddy-duddy (despite the fact that
at age 34 I *am* an old fuddy-duddy ;-) but you need to give us a
*lot* more information before we'll be able to help you thru your
extraction problems.

What software (with versions) are you doing to attempt the
extraction?

What method are you using for extraction? (samba, NFS, netcat,
playitsam)

What kind of errors are you getting, and from what software are you
getting them from?

To a lesser extent (but still helpful), what type of computer are you
doing the extraction on, with what OS and software? (some folks
around here know more about Linux, some know more about Win2K based
solutions, etc...)

I can tell you that a BeBox just won't work... I'd be *happy* to take
it off your hands... ;-) <just kidding...>

> Anyone have the extraction working ok on their Philips 2.5??

I'm pretty sure there's a few folks around here that are using Sony
DTivos to do extraction, and if the folks at Sony have their way,
they usually monkeywrenchify things just a little bit... so a
Phillips DTivo extraction should be possible -- but I have an SA
Phillips Tivo, so other's will need to step in here for better
info...

Have you seen my website? It might give you some other/different
ideas as to things to try...

http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/tivo/index.cfm

[[ Editor's Note: "http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/tivo" will work
to... I fixed Apache to allow Coldfusion pages to be index pages...]]

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger