tyserver file size(?) problems

Grant Stockly grant at s...
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 11:14:28 -0900

I used play it sam to export ~400MB of tydata from a jay leno episode
(out). The tyserver is running on windows with cygwin. I have EFC2.ty
which is 1.9GB and 7E.ty which is 1.7GB. I tried naming each of the files
to a single lower case letter and playing, but that didn't work.

Any ideas? I'd really like to cut commercials out of programs and use the
tivo to play them. Even better would be if we could get sync'd mpg files
to play! : )

$ telnet 24.237.x.xxx 1150
Trying 24.237.x.xxx...
Connected to 24.237.x.xxx.
Escape character is '^]'.
LIST
200 Ok, here is the list of available streams
out
7E.ty
EFC2.ty

bash-2.02# playitsam -p 24.237.x.xxx:EFC2.ty
I couldn't work out what sort of TiVo you have
Couldn't play from tyserver

bash-2.02# playitsam -p 24.237.x.xxx:7E.ty
I couldn't work out what sort of TiVo you have
Couldn't play from tyserver

bash-2.02# playitsam -p 24.237.x.xxx:out
I couldn't work out what sort of TiVo you have

Starting to playback in
10 seconds ...
9 seconds ...