Alternate TV listing options

STUFTOYS fontpro at u...
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:43:03 -0800

Hello!

I just got the e-mail from Tivo that they are raising the subscription
fee almost 30% a month. Way too expensive for information i get free from
my cable company, and available online. i know it is Taboo to talk on
the AVS board about this. But since Extract stream is also Taboo there, I
was wondering if anyone on this list can point me to info on loading my
own TV listings from the net. Frankly the times and show names are all I
care about. I seldom read the descriptions.

You can currently get your TV listing free using this program:

http://www.cherrynebula.net/projects/tvlisting/tvlisting.php

It will creat a text or HTML output of your listing.

i think Tivo will start loosing a lot of customers with this. By the way
we have 4 tivos. I'm paying more per year for Tivo service than I paid
for my Tivo.

Any help on list or privately would be appreciated.

Should have Turbo Ethernet set up soon.

Jerry