[ExtractStream] Re: Alternate TV listing options

David Ranch dranch at t...
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:59:42 -0800

>There is info on how to change Tivo's serial number in dealdatabase forum
>for exactly this purpose (transfering from dead Tivo). You might wanna check
>it out.

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking on this list for some time now and I'm about to
get back into the thick of it (already added a 80GB disk, TivoNet,
etc). Before I start again, I'm probably going to add the extra RAM
to my SA unit (moving over from cable to a DirecTV RF input). BUT,
before I do that I really think I want to get the Tivo's serial
number off my unit if I hose the MB in the RAM upgrade process.

Can anyone give me a URL for this process?

Ps. Regarding media extraction, is everyone still doing the
extraction in a Windows / Linux hybrid environment like:
- ExtractStream / SplitStream - Tivo (using NFS, SMB, or NC)
- merging (TMpeg - Windows)
- Transcoding (DVD2AVI)
- commercial deletes (NANDUB)
- VCD creation (vcdimager - Linux)
- burning (cdrecord - Linux)

I tried multiple times in the past using ONLY linux but with
pretty poor quality results. Any thoughts? I'd like to FULLY
automate the entire process. I documented all my linux scripts
and even the creation of the TivoNET here:

http://rocko.lab.csuchico.edu/~dranch/tivo/

Help!

--David
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware dranch@t... |