How long to extract a video? (Thanks -Netcat works much faster!)

knightshade23 dblum1 at r...
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:26:31 -0000

To those of you who responded, thanks!
I tried an export of a stream using netcat today,
and it completed in 20-25 minutes as opposed to 3-4 hours.

What a difference!
I was even able to bring it right to my PC -
bypassing my sparc altogether by using netcat for Win32.
(I hadn't found a stable enough NFSd for WinXP.

Once again,
Thanks!