TiVo/DVB & DVD

Faye Pearson faye at c...
Thu, 9 May 2002 13:28:25 +0100

"kill1967" <johngibb@c...> asked:
> Has anyone been able to create a DVD-R/DVD+R from an extracted TiVo
> stream ?
>
> I've been trying to create a cDVD/miniDVD from MPEG2 files extracted
> from a PAL TiVo stream, however the combination of software used,
> mfs_stream_pri1, nc, tivoapp (only to extract the .ty, as any other
> option crashes out on my laptop) and the wonderful tyconvertstream
> (for us PAL people), results in errors when I try to process the
> MPEG2 within DVDit PE.
> I repeatedly get errors that the GOP data needs to be preceeded by
> sequence headers, but no matter how I tweak the output from tmpgenc
> (forgot to mention that I'm using this to alter the DVB spec from
> TiVo to DVD standard) results in the same problems.

I've done this a few times with DVDit PE.

The best way to start is to load a DVD options file and use the
extras/unlock options file to release all the options for editing.

The important setting is the "Output GOP sequence headers every n sequences"
(or something similar, I'm away from that PC atm) needs to be set to 1.

You don't need a closed GOP. Earlier versions of TMPGEnc created
poorly multiplexed A/V which made it very difficult to create chapters.
v2.5 seems fine though.

TMPGEnc is also useful for cropping the green line from the final
picture and blacken any black bars.

Faye

--
Faye Pearson,