[ExtractStream] How to get the FSID Numbers

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Fri, 17 May 2002 16:13:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Bellew <atom_jack@y...> wrote:

[interesting FSID howto snipped... thankz! I learned a lot...]

My tivo has recently gone wonky on spitting out the FSIDs [or maybe
more accurately, the correct size for the FSIDs, methinks]...

Using either the ancient [but working] httpd.tcl [which I patched to
run on port 81] or the TivoWeb 1.9.3, patched to spit out the FSIDs,
I can't seem to get complete shows.

Back in the ancient days, 1 show out of maybe 20 or more it would do
this, so I just ignored it, but now *every* show is doing this... for
example - everyone knows that a 1 hour show recorded on high quality
takes approx. 1.6 Gig of info... but the 1 Hour Charmed I recorded
for my wife last nite is showing Size: 1020 MB with 2 FSIDs and the
59 minute LNW/Conan O'Brien is taking 1160 MB with 3 FSIDs.

I'm running TivoOS 2.5.1a, with a Philips HDR212 upgraded to 40 Hours
[basic] - my FSIDs are now running 664331 664377 664415 in the case
of Conan there... The shows play completely on my Tivo, but they are
not complete when downloaded to my system, usually about 45 minutes
of video, which sucks if you actually *like* to see the end of a
show... ;-)

I've tried everything - I've cleaned my "Now Playing" to no shows to
no avail, and done a few basic reboots... I'm ready to resort to
Desperate Measures [TM] - doing the full system reset hoping that the
FSIDs will start over from 1 [or 0, or whatever the starting index
is...] and things will be complete again.

I did do some records & extractions on 2.5.1a without any problems,
so it wasn't [just] the OS upgrade...

Any idears why this would crop up all of the sudden?
Thankz 1 & all,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger